Saturday, August 2, 2008

week 9!

This week's bounty from Mike & Clare included some zucchini, green beans, potatoes (Red Dales & Kennebecs), kale, basil, and persian star garlic.
Also, this week was the second installment of our monthly meat share from Cedar Valley. We got a huge rack of pork ribs, burger patties, sirloin steaks, ground beef, italian sausage, whole chickens and a dozen eggs.

I chose to try out the recipe for parmesan-crusted zucchini that Clare sent along with her e-newsletter. It turned out great, I was in a bit of a rush though so I got a little "creative" (lazy) and combined a step or two. The end result was probably not ideal but delicious nonetheless.


I also made a figure it out as you go recipe involving things I had left in the fridge. It turned out really tasty and only the red onion is not from the CSA. My tip for this is to pre-cook the potatoes before you fry them. Either steam them in the microwave, as I did, or boil them first to avoid spending the next couple of hours by the stove. The fresh basil from Mike & Clare really made the dish look presentable and taste better too.

I hope you all are enjoying the CSA as much as I am as we near the halfway point. Happy cooking!

No comments: